Aug 19, 2016

Its Olympics and I am not attending but this I can tell you I am dam tired!!! of watching till late night. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE watching  these people doing sport on a level way above most peoples level.

and to see all the different types of sport! The twins also love watching, I do hope they will not try some of the gymnastic moves! I will die! I wonder how many times did they fall their ass off trying some moves!!

and the swimming!! after watching those chaps I have learn and see how you suppose to swim breast stroke. I just can not do it right and now in my aqua class I have try their way and I think I do look a tiny bit better than drowning!.

and then  South African Wayde van Niekerk crashes the world record!!!
I was so proud for this ouck!!!! It was on our tv I think a 1000 times with the "Bolt""race after that . I watch it over and over and over again!!
 
and from prem to world class sprinter!!!! his parents must be so proud of him!!!
 
This article was in our English newspaper......................
 
""BORN at 29 weeks and weighing just over 1kg, Wayde van Niekerk’s parents never thought he would survive, let alone becoming... a successful athlete.
After his mother, Odessa Swarts, gave birth to him at Tygerberg 23 years ago, the South African track and field champion and 400m sprinter would later be treated at Groote Schuur Hospital’s neonatal unit, where he spent several weeks in an incubator.
“From what my mother tells me it was apparently a very difficult and emotional journey to have a premature baby. There were days where she was not sure whether I was going to make it the next day. That’s how sick I was,” he said.
Yesterday, Van Niekerk, currently the fourth fastest person in history and the first athlete to run the 100m in under 10 seconds, and the 200m in under 20 seconds, donated half-a-million rand to the Newborns Groote Schuur Trust to aid the upgrade of that hospital’s neonatal unit.
Through the Trust, the hospital is fundraising money to expand the unit, which is currently battling to cope due the incidence of pre-term birth in the province.
The unit, which was built in the 1970s, is overcrowded and unable to meet the demand of caring for more than 3 000 babies a year – mostly premature babies"'

Can you think 29 weeks!!!! and all the worries about a prem and then this just show how super amazing life is. Wayde was this prem and look how wonderful his story turn out!!!

I salute you !!!! you have work so hard!!

I wonder what my 2 prems will do one day???

 

No comments:

Post a Comment